The VermiHut Plus worm compost bin converts the kitchen food waste from your kitchen into organic fertilizer for your garden.
Stackable 5 tray worm composting system, makes it much easier to harvest the worm castings. Fill a working tray with worm bedding, red worms, and food scraps. As the worms finish composting in the first tray, add a second tray and the worms will migrate up to the new tray above. After 40 - 60 days you can remove the first tray of finished vermicast and additional trays as the worms multiply and continue their activity. This system also makes it simple to create vermitea by watering the top tray and having a bucket under the spigot to collect the leachate.
The VermiHut Plus worm compost bin converts the kitchen food waste from your kitchen into organic fertilizer for your garden. The VermiHut Plus is a step-up version of the internationally well-known VermiHut worm bin made by Vermitek.
It’s easy to use! Just fill a working tray with worm bedding, red worms and food scraps. As the worms finish composting, they will migrate upward into the tray above, leaving rich castings behind. In ideal condition, 2lbs or worms can consume 1lb of food scraps per day on average. A 5-tray worm bin can house 10 lbs of worms. Therefore, it can help to reduce 5lbs food scraps per day. The VermiHut Plus provides the perfect capacity for household food waste management.
1. Smallest footprint for the highest composting efficiency, thanks to the stackable design;
2. Odorless. The compost worms slurp the bacteria before it smells. A component named “V-Board” and a piece of coconut mat are built in the air-vented lid. The improved lid design makes it possible to remove the already minimal odor. The VermiHut Plus can be used inside or outside the house.
3. Moisture Control. The improved lid design makes it possible for moisture control. The coconut fiber holds the moisture and keeps the environment moist. It maintains the bedding in a perfect moisture level and provides the worms a comfortable living environment.
4. Fruit Fly Control. Sometimes, the fruit fly eggs come with the fruit peels and may generate fruit fliers, especially in Summer. The improved lid design can minimize the fruit flies
5. The tray size is 17 x17” and holds 3-5 inches of material depending on how full you want it. 3” is one half cubic foot and can become very heavy if you let it get deeper. It’s up to you.
6. A component named “worm-saving tray” or “M-Board” is built in the system. This component can prevent worms and compost debris dropping to the liquid tray. The M Board also increases the system airflow for better compost efficiency.
7. A set of ant-trap comes with the unit. In case of ants invading the worm bin, the ant-trap is the ultimate defense.
8. The liquid collection tray and the base are in one piece. Therefore, there is no need to use bolts/nuts to assemble the base and the liquid tray. The only assembling is to install the spigot. The recess spigot hole makes the much easy installation possible, and leakage-free possible.
9. Easy maintenance and minimum attendance.
10. Recycled plastic material is used for manufacturing this product.